Finding appropriate housing for you and your family can be a complex task, but there is plenty of advice and guidance out there to support you – just read the information below to find out more.

How do I find a home to rent in Torbay?

You can either rent a housing association property or go into private rental; however, you need to be aware of the fees, contracts and responsibilities that come along with both options.

Read more

What if I need emergency or temporary accommodation? 

Torbay Council have a duty to provide accommodation for some households with vulnerable members, though you must continue to look for your own accommodation if your granted a temporary option.

Read more

What do I do if I am behind with mortgage payments?

If you own your house but are struggling to pay your mortgage payments, there are several options open to you to help keep your payments on track.

Read more

Who can help me if I’m homeless?

If you are homeless or about to become homeless, Torbay Council and other local organisations can help you find accommodation. 

Read more

What if I’m struggling to pay my rent?

Take action if you’re struggling with your rent; talk to your housing provider or landlord. There are also several local organisations that can help you.

Read more

Who can I talk to in Torbay about housing?

Find out more about the local organisations that can advise you and help you manage your housing issues.

Read more