We started our “Clear Benefits Torbay” project in April 2016 through a part-time welfare worker and support through our part time Manager; during this time we have supported in excess of 400 people and helped clients secure/save over £500,000 and helped with improving their personal wellbeing.
Our aim is to provide a more community based service aimed at helping vulnerable people deal with the serious and growing problems of living in poverty in Torbay and the loss of services previously in place to support them.
Clear Benefits Torbay – what it offers
We offer free impartial and confidential advice and support for Torbay residents covering beneﬁts, debt and general welfare advice.
Benefits – help with
- Information on what beneﬁts you might be entitled to
- How to claim and form assistance
- What will happen if your circumstances change
- How to appeal against a decision on your claim
Debt & Financial support – help with
- Arranging payment plans with creditors
- General debt advice & options
Welfare Advice – help with
- Advice on other local support agencies covering areas such as, Housing advice, Back to work, food parcels, further education, health & wellbeing, etc.
To access the service please contact us through the below link or call 01803 456019.