To be entitled to help with housing costs through the HCE of UC or HB, a person must be ‘liable’ to make rent payments, which means their rent agreement must be legally enforceable. A person may be considered as liable to pay rent, and therefore entitled to benefit support for housing costs, if they rent a property from a relative who does not reside with them

Read the full story