As the UK finalises preparations to leave the European Union, the immediate priority will remain supporting an orderly transition post-exit. The FCA will also continue to play a leading role in shaping the global regulatory framework working with other national regulators and international bodies.
The Business Plan outlines four ongoing cross-sector priorities:
- Work on firms’ culture and governance, including extending the Senior Managers and Certification Regime to all firms.
- Ensuring the fair treatment of firms’ existing customers by monitoring firms’ practices, including the information they give prospective and current customers.
- Developing the work being done on operational resilience, which will play a vital role in protecting the UK’s financial system.
- Combating financial crime and improving anti-money laundering practices, by enhancing the use of technology and data, as well as engaging with multiple agencies and government bodies.
The plan also sets out three additional cross-sector priorities, which have longer time horizons:
- the future of regulation
- ensuring innovation and the use of data work in consumers’ interests
- examining the intergenerational challenge in financial services